Highly respected, industry leader in the manufacture of roofing and waterproofing products has an immediate opening for a business professional with exceptional motivation and initiative, to learn and succeed in the sales of our products and services.
This position is an entree into our sales team, designed for a motivated, polished individual with proven organizational and follow up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills is a must. Experience with construction building materials (i.e. roofing and waterproofing systems) is a plus. This position will initially provide assistance, and report to, our NYC sales team, while learning the ropes (products, processes, etc.).
Note: If you are a “seasoned” sales professional, this position is probably not a good match for your qualifications and objectives. However, for those interested in becoming part of the sales team, and being the “go-to” or “right hand” person, please read on for more details on the position and requirements.
In this position you will be responsible for the following:
• Learning commercial roofing and waterproofing (industry, specification, applications and design)
• Calling on architects, consultants, building owners, and contractors to introduce our products, provide technical consultation for resolving roofing/waterproofing concerns and application methods, and determine viable solutions;
• Visiting project sites and assessing current project conditions
• Preparing and presenting information, quotes, etc.
• Conducting informational presentations via Power Point to groups and trade organizations
• Keeping abreast of competition by monitoring current marketplace information on products and pricing
• Maintaining company reporting and tracking opportunities and results
Highlight of Requirements:
- College graduate (building trades, or architectural disciplines helpful)
- Professional image, appearance and demeanor
- Solid communication skills - both verbal & written
- Self-disciplined and motivated (initiative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity and resiliency
- Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Ability to climb ladders, work with heights and demonstrate roof applications
- Effective presentation skills
- Solid computer proficiency (MS Suite, etc.)
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.)
Benefits include a competitive compensation package, health care, 401K with company match, vacation, company vehicle (with gas card & insurance), cell phone, and lap top computer
No recruiting Firms.
Full Job Description:
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Siplast Sales Account Representative is a training position responsible for assisting the District or Regional Sales Manager in the promotion and sales of Siplast products and all aspects of general administration within the district. This position reports directly to the District or Regional Sales Manager, and may require the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Sales Account Representative will be trained in and responsible for assisting the District or Regional Sales Manager in the following:
- Technical services, including development and/or review of roofing specifications for prospective jobs, participation in pre-bid and pre-job meetings (when required). Conduct periodic job/rooftop inspections (in progress, finals, two-year, as required), and basic troubleshooting. Work closely with local Field Technical Manager in prioritizing and managing technical needs. All letters and reports related to these activities must be completed thoroughly and in a timely manner, per Siplast guidelines.
- Assist with pricing administration, proper and timely documentation for pricing to local approved contractors, distributors and Dallas Customer Service.
- Literature and sample updates, making sure all customers have Siplast information and samples. When requested, this includes architects, building owners, roof consultants and roofing contractors.
- Assist with project tracking, bid alerting and use of lead services to identify potential projects in targeted markets.
Generate letters, assembly letters, and follow-up letters. Help prepare box-lunch presentations.
Assist with cold-calling, telemarketing introduction, developing mailers and follow-up. Work with independent rep to develop business.
Assist with contractor and consultant updates.
Timely completion of all administrative reports required, (expense reports, prospect lists, call reports, activity reports and guarantee forms).
Participate in Siplast safety training & complete quizzes by deadlines
Adhere to Job Site Safety Practices & Mfg. Plant Safety Practices
Wear appropriate PPE for jobsite & manufacturing facilities (i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work boots, gloves, appropriate clothing, etc.)
Exercise rooftop & ladder safety precautions
Adhere to company policies concerning driver safety and cell phone usage (i.e. use of hands-free devices, no texting while driving, etc.)
Exercise safe driving practices
Follow jobsite safety standards as prescribed by contractor or building owner
Report a job-related injury to HR immediately
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
a. College degree, or relevant work experience
b. Professional image – appearance and demeanor
c. Self disciplined and motivated (initiative)
d. Excellent interpersonal skills
e. Proven ability to establish business relationships
f. Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity and resiliency
g. Effective time management skills
h. Solid communication skills – both verbal & written
i. Sales ability and persuasiveness
j. Face to face sales call experience
k. Background in building construction disciplines helpful
l. Independence/ability to work on own
m. Must have (and maintain) a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
n. Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average 3 – 4 overnights/month or more)
o. Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
a. Ability to drive car and travel (as necessary), without assistance (may be extensive during the first year of training)
b. Ability to climb ladders, work with heights and demonstrate roof applications
c. Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.)
d. Visual acuity to perform inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
e. Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
f. Ability to hear and speak on the phone
g. Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions
h. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (booth, sample boxes, products, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.